Monday, May 16, 2011

Dinner at "Crystal Palace"

Thursday night before I went back the next day, parents brought me out for dinner just opposite of Jalan Raja Uda. Anu might have seen this place before. :)

In mandarin it is called "Crystal Palace food center" but I don't know why it says "Pusat Makanan Era Jimat", as it means something totally different.


I've always liked to come here for dinner, mainly because they have "Char Tua Pan". To those who are not sure what this is, it seems to be a Penang-only noodle dish, it resembles Cantonese style Hor Fun but it's quite different in its own way. I always love the Char Tua Pan at this shop, eaten with sambal, it is nothing I can find in KL! 
Apart from that, there are also other food stalls in this location and most of them are yummy!

This is called Loh Bak, a variety of fried fish balls, and meat wrapped in fuchok (something like soya skin) and then fried, and some fried tofu all cut up into bite sizes
(RM8.00 I think)
 
They also serve "Homemade" pizza. I can tell you this is nicer than some of the Dominos pizza I've eaten. :) RM9.00

 This is the "Char Tua Pan" for 3 persons, actually it feels more like two person's portion, reason is because Penang portion sizes are usually much smaller than KL portion sizes. This costs about RM8.00

 And our final dish is the yummy yummy spicy grilled fish their signature sauce! My whole family loves this one, although dad warn against eating it too often because it is purportedly high in uric acid. But this is also something we can't find in KL (Well there are grilled fish in KL but it is not at all the same, this is much yummier) This costs about RM9.00

I would recommend everyone to give this a try if they happen to go to Butterworth one day, you may look up Anu or myself, we're both from there! :D

No comments: