Monday, May 9, 2011

Lammeeya @ Empire Subang

Went to Lammeeya (淋面屋) with KC for dinner at Empire Subang. 

This lammeeya is like an authentic local fare like the "lou jiu pai(老字号)" (century-old company), If I'm not mistaken this was a shoplet that was originally somewhere in the middle of KL town and then got really established as a popular food joint. The noodles are really fragrant and it felt like they were cooked with those traditional charcoal fires.

KC ordered the Lam Yee Mee (lammee with yeemee) and iced water. I love the cup they serve the iced water in, chubby and short. In case you're wondering, I love all sorts of unique cups, mugs, bowls... If left to my own device, my kitchen will be filled with mugs, bowls and utensils of all different sizes and shapes. It's like some ladies' obsession with shoes and bags, one for every occasion or dress. Mine is - one mug/bowl for every type of dish! :D


This is the Lam Yee Mee, served with really nice sambal balacan.

I ordered the fresh mushroom lam mee with bee hun and thick noodles, and chilled royal milk tea. Luuurve the shiitake mushrooms they served with the noodles, it's really soft and buttery, I don't know how they do it! It's like eating pork fat but in a really good way! But the rest of the mushrooms tasted a little too "mushroomy", if you know what I mean. I also like the bee hun here, smooth and silky with their thick broth. KC noted that this dish tasted a little like shark's fin soup...

Closer look of the mushrooms

Truth be told I still prefer the Lot10 Lammeeya, felt more authentic. I think it's because the YTL group collected all the best local old-timer chefs there and the rest of their franchises are just, well, franchises. 

We wouldn't mind coming back here again, it's not too bad especially if you like traditional chinese-style home-cooked food like salted fish with steamed minced meat, steamed egg, vinegared pork trotters, stewed potatoes with meat etc.

Lam Yee Mee: About RM8.90 (Forgot the exact figure)
Mushroom Lam Mee: RM9.50
Chilled Royal Milk Tea: RM5.90
Chilled Filtered Water: RM0.50

Lammeeya Empire Subang 
LG31 Lower Ground,
Jalan SS16/1,
47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor

Tel : 03-5635 9818 / 5635 9858

1 comment:

knitties said...

Le hubby and I are not fans of lam mee but this does look interesting :-) We may try it out someday.