Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tom yam "hua ban mian"

Mum brought me to this nice noodles shop for dinner, the noodles here are nice and according to my mum, has a low level of MSG because you don't get so thirsty after consuming it.

If you look at the noodles closely, it's like "pan mee" with frills on the edges. I've not seen this kind of noodles in KL before so it's something new for me. Has anyone seen this in KL/PJ area?

 

Another thing about this noodle place is that, you have to wait for a crazily long time for it. We actually waited 40 minutes for this two bowls of noodles (mine and mum's) because there was quite a long waiting list. 

Strange thing though, there isn't that many customers because I suspect not many people like to wait so long for their food, I guess the cook is just naturally slow with her work. But she did a very thorough job in cooking the noodles, and ensured all the seafood are fresh, even the fried ones. This is one of the reasons my parents come here often, their food is fresh!

My dad wanted to catch his favorite drama so we had to "tapao" for him, so another 20 minutes or so of waiting... lol 

But it's pretty worth it. :) I will definitely go back there again in the future!

No comments: